The Sanctuary
Please enter your user name and password.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Sanctuary
Please enter your user name and password.
The Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOmes on Beach for Sale

3 posters

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

HOmes on Beach for Sale Empty HOmes on Beach for Sale

Post  Rachel Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:53 pm

Ever wanted to wake up to the scent of salt water? Or look out always to see the waves? Now is your chance to find a home on the beach

HOmes on Beach for Sale Th505_gardenbeach
HOmes on Beach for Sale River_Beach_Townhomes_1
HOmes on Beach for Sale QueensGrantCondoComplex
HOmes on Beach for Sale 2824994720032921433pOmfTL_ph
Rachel
Rachel
Admin

https://writershavenforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

HOmes on Beach for Sale Empty Re: HOmes on Beach for Sale

Post  Bryn Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:43 pm

(This is just a temp. apartment for Bryn - she'll be heading over to the Herb shop sooner or later... LOL)

They walked together towards the beach where the apartment was. She managed to get the door unlocked and called out for her roommate - but there was no answer. Come on in. She dropped the bags on the counter and walked over to open the curtain and the sliding glass door before returning back to the kitchen to start emptying the bags. If you come across the shredded pork and chicken, leave 'em out please. I want to get them cooking.
Bryn
Bryn
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Tristan Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:46 pm

Tristan smiled at seeing where she lived. He knew her address might change soon, but for the time being it was interesting to see where she lived. He followed her inside. Stopping in the kitchen, he helped her empty out the bags. He did come across the meat she mentioned, so he set it aside.
Tristan
Tristan
Shifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryn Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:42 pm

She left the couple of bags from the bath store on the chair, then fiddled with the CD player. She needed music while she worked. She smiled when the tunes started, satisfied, she headed back into the kitchen. Would you like to help? She was retrieving a pan when she asked Tristan the question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrOeGCJdZe4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEYN5w4T_aM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSD4vsh1zDA
Bryn
Bryn
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Tristan Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:31 pm

"Sure." Tristan nodded with a smile, watching her. "Just tell me what to do."
Tristan
Tristan
Shifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryn Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:18 pm

She found the pans she was looking for and placed them on the stove. Okay, could you get the husks out, they need to be soaked for awhile. Bryn grabbed a big bowl and handed it to Tristan. Turning the heat on, she slid some of the beef in one pan and the chicken in the other.

I cheated a little... Besides the already shredded pork and chicken, I picked up some pre-made masa dough. Holding her finger up to her lip, Bryn giggled; Sshh, don't tell my mom. She'd have my head.
Bryn
Bryn
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Tristan Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:27 pm

Tristan nodded. He filled up the bowl with water then placed the husks in. He watched them for a moment before looking to Bryn. "I promise. Cross my heart." He made the motion over his heart.
Tristan
Tristan
Shifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryn Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:36 pm

Thank you. Bryn smiled and poked at the chicken and pork some to cook it evenly. So do you like to cook anything? Pulling down another small bowl, she dumped some of the spices in there to mix them up. Could you hand me the garlic powder?
Bryn
Bryn
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Tristan Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:21 pm

"I can't really cook. Just simple things." Tristan shrugged slightly. He found the garlic powder for her when she asked for it.
Tristan
Tristan
Shifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryn Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:38 pm

Tell me what you make then? Maybe we'll make a cook out of you yet. Bryn nodded slightly as she took the garlic powder from him, she added the rest of the spices. Biting her lip, she blushed a bit when she looked up to Tristan. It hadn't occurred to ask before mixing the spices. Uh, how are you with spicy stuff?
Bryn
Bryn
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Tristan Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:46 pm

"Grilled cheese, baked potatoes. The only semi-complicated thing I can manage is spaghetti." Tristan smiled, almost a bit shyly. He assumed cooking was something children learned from a family member, and his family never really cooked.

"I enjoy spicy foods, don't worry."
Tristan
Tristan
Shifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryn Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:02 pm

Whew - cause tamales are spicy... She pulled the masa out of the fridge and dumped the spices into it, and mixed... and mixed. This has to be the hardest part, making sure that it doesn't get too lumpy.

The meat was starting to smell good but she couldn't stop stirring the mixture. Would you mind turning the meat for me?
Bryn
Bryn
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Tristan Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:05 pm

"I would have gave you fair warning the moment you suggested tamales, if I didn't like spicy food." Tristan watched her, trying to figure out each step of the process.

He nodded. "Of course." Walking over, he picked up the utensil then went about turning the meat.
Tristan
Tristan
Shifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryn Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:19 pm

Blushing, it made sense, she didn't even think of it that way. Can you add a little bit of garlic powder and chili powder in there for me? I'm almost done with this part. She banged the spoon on the side of the bowl trying to get the last of the masa mixture off of it. Oh, and it needs some cumin too. I almost forgot.
Bryn
Bryn
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Tristan Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:23 pm

Tristan nodded. "Yea." He added a bit of garlic and chili powder. "Does the cumin go in here too? Or was that for your mixture?"
Tristan
Tristan
Shifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryn Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:38 pm

Sorry, it goes in with the meat. She stole a glance at how things were coming and they were almost ready to be assembled. Moving over to the husks, Bryn pulled removed them from the water and gently wrung them out, laying them on a paper towel for a moment. She forget to get a baking sheet.

Slipping behind Tristan, Bryn got a sheet out from the cabinet next to him and returned to her spot, then placed the husks on the sheet. The meat looks like it should be done in a few minutes - now comes the easy party. Assembly.
Bryn
Bryn
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Tristan Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:42 pm

He nodded then added the cumin to the meat as well. With all the spices in, he mixed the meats.
Tristan
Tristan
Shifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryn Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:49 pm

See you're not so bad in the kitchen, Tristan. Smiling, she leaned over his shoulder, checking out what he was doing, knowing that he was doing just fine. Getting down two more bowls, she left them next to the stove so the pork and chicken could go in each one.
Bryn
Bryn
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Tristan Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:54 pm

"I do alright with directions and recipes." Tristan glanced over to smile softly at Bryn.
Tristan
Tristan
Shifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryn Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:12 am

Bryn watched him for a minute, then moved to turn off the stove. The masa mix was room temperature and easy to spread, and she had laid out the husks on a sheet. If you wouldn't mind putting the meat in the separate bowls, we can get started on rolling them up. They do take about 2 hours to cook once we get them in the steamer.

Moving over to the sink, Bryn filled up the big pot about a quarter way with water and put the strainer on the side. Grabbing one of the bowls of meat, she placed it on the counter with the rest of the makings. She figured Tristan would bring over the other bowl when he was finished. Ready to roll? She smiled as she looked up to him.
Bryn
Bryn
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Tristan Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:53 am

Tristan did just as Bryn asked, putting the meat in separate bowls. Almost as soon as he finished putting the chicken in one, she moved it to go with the rest of the ingredients. Once the pork was in a bowl as well, he carried it over.

"I'll try." He did not think it could be that hard. However, he waited patiently to see her make one first.
Tristan
Tristan
Shifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryn Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:13 pm

It's easy. Grabbing up the spoon, she put down a layer of the masa mix, then a combination of pork and chicken right in the middle and slowly started rolling it up. She gave the closed end a small twist and tuck then placed it in the steamer.

Before rolling up another, Bryn shook her head. I've forgotten my manners, sorry. Would you like anything to drink?
Bryn
Bryn
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Tristan Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:06 pm

Tristan watched her every little movement, wanting to be able to mirror what she did. When she questioned him, he shook his head. "Its alright. But no, not at this moment. Perhaps in a little while."

Starting just as she had, he followed each step. After a moment he managed to roll up a decent looking tamale.
Tristan
Tristan
Shifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryn Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:09 pm

Smiling as she caught the glances of him watching her roll the tamale, Bryn looked to his and nodded. She quickly got herself a water then started in on the next few. There were only about 8 to roll, so it didn't take to long since both of them were making them.

After she washed her hands, Bryn lowered the pot into the boiling water along with placing the lid on the pot. She turned to look at Tristan. We have a few hours to kill, want to sit out on the patio?
Bryn
Bryn
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Tristan Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:26 pm

Tristan was surprised at how easy the last of the food preparation was. Before long, they were done. When Bryn asked him a question, he nodded. "Sure."
Tristan
Tristan
Shifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next