The Sanctuary
Please enter your user name and password.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Sanctuary
Please enter your user name and password.
The Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arlen Cemetery

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Arlen Cemetery - Page 2 Empty Re: Arlen Cemetery

Post  Rose Novak Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:09 pm

As Rose walked towards her mother's grave he thought of a few hotels which were close to her shop and only one appeared would be her best bet. Deciding to call after her visit Rose rounded the corner and stopped before her mother's resting place.
Kneeling Rose touched the marker with loving tenderness. Although she was younger when her mother passed Rose loved her deeply and missed her very much now.

I miss you mommy, I wish you were still here. Rest in peace. She recited her blessings like she did every time,

It was You, O God, Who commanded us to honor our father and mother. In Your kindness have mercy on the soul of my mother, and forgive her sins. Grant that I may see her again in the brightness of Your everlasting glory. We ask this through Your Son, our Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.

While her tears built up Rose let not one shed, before standing and shaking off the sadness she carried and lit up a smile.

" Ok ready? " Rose asked locking the pain away.
Rose Novak
Rose Novak
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Novak Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:37 pm

Rose Novak wrote:As Rose walked towards her mother's grave he thought of a few hotels which were close to her shop and only one appeared would be her best bet. Deciding to call after her visit Rose rounded the corner and stopped before her mother's resting place.
Kneeling Rose touched the marker with loving tenderness. Although she was younger when her mother passed Rose loved her deeply and missed her very much now.

I miss you mommy, I wish you were still here. Rest in peace. She recited her blessings like she did every time,

It was You, O God, Who commanded us to honor our father and mother. In Your kindness have mercy on the soul of my mother, and forgive her sins. Grant that I may see her again in the brightness of Your everlasting glory. We ask this through Your Son, our Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.

While her tears built up Rose let not one shed, before standing and shaking off the sadness she carried and lit up a smile.

" Ok ready? " Rose asked locking the pain away.

Rose began walking to the car after finishing up her phone call with the only local motel but due to construction they were closed and apparently sorry for the inconvenience. She looked over at Marina, " So um is the offer for me to stay at your place still open? " She spoke in a shy voice. " I really hate to be a bother but it doesn't look like there is any where else I can stay without leaving town for a few days. I couldn't possible leave my shop now!"
Rose Novak
Rose Novak
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Marina Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:33 am

Rose Novak wrote:Rose began walking to the car after finishing up her phone call with the only local motel but due to construction they were closed and apparently sorry for the inconvenience. She looked over at Marina, " So um is the offer for me to stay at your place still open? " She spoke in a shy voice. " I really hate to be a bother but it doesn't look like there is any where else I can stay without leaving town for a few days. I couldn't possible leave my shop now!"
"Of course. There's tons of room. M mostly stays at her cottage, so its mainly just me and the brothers. Well, not my brothers. Not really. Its complicated." Marina giggled a little. "I'll explain on the way. But there's plenty of space." Plenty was an understatement. The house was enormous.
Marina
Marina
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Novak Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:56 pm

Rose looked towards Marina and smiled wide.
" Thank you so much! "
Rose unlocked the car doors and hopped in.
" Where to? Or would you rather drive? "
Rose Novak
Rose Novak
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Marina Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:22 am

"Might be easier if I do, if you don't mind." The estate was sort of off the beaten path. Plus Marina planned to figure out if Rose knew anything about the supernatural since she was taking to a house with three vampires in it. She thought of every detail and didn't want Rose freaking out behind the wheel of a car if she did not already know about vampires.
Marina
Marina
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Novak Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:15 pm

Rose handed Marina the keys without any issue.
" Absolutely, go ahead! Just be-careful sometimes the shifter sticks when moving into park. "
Rose into the passenger side and buckled her seat belt. Waiting patiently, Rose played with the radio.
" What kinda music you like? "
Rose Novak
Rose Novak
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Marina Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:05 pm

Marina nodded when Rose spoke about the shifting into park. Once they were both in the car, she shrugged slightly. "Anything upbeat. I'm not terribly picky."

As she left the cemetery and began on the route that would take her home, she started off on her questioning. Since Rose had made the stakes and garlic joke, Marina went with casual curiosity. "So do you read a lot in the vampire genre. Or watch?" It was not the best way to ask, but at least she could gauge Rose's reaction and go from there.
Marina
Marina
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Novak Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:48 pm

Rose paused briefly at Marina's comment, absorbing the shock. Deciding to play it off, Rose replied;
" Well I do own a bookshop! And Since Twilight hit, I kinda had to see what it was all about. "

Rose played with the radio dial before settling onto a nice up beat song.

" Why do you ask? Afraid I'm going to drink you blood!? " She asked jokingly, with an unnerved shake of her voice.
Rose Novak
Rose Novak
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Marina Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:59 pm

Marina shook her head. She was pretty sure Rose knew. And if she didn't Marina could always play it off as kidding. "You know don't you? About them. Vampires."
Marina
Marina
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Novak Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:15 pm

Marina wrote:Marina shook her head. She was pretty sure Rose knew. And if she didn't Marina could always play it off as kidding. "You know don't you? About them. Vampires."

Rose stopped what she was doing not sure which way to take this. For Kale's safety Rose played dumb.

" yeah, I've read many myths and uh, I know no more than any other person. "

Rose gave Marina a cheesy nervous smile.
Rose Novak
Rose Novak
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Marina Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:28 pm

"I'm being serious. I can tell you know." Marina glanced over to Rose with a reassuring smile before her eyes shifted back to the road. "A lot of my friends are vampires, and my adopted family."
Marina
Marina
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Novak Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:39 pm

( If you want, Marina and Kale could know each other to make the 'breaking of the ice' easier. )

Another nervous laugh escaped Rose as she wasn't quite sure what to do or say. She fidgeted with her hands before saying, " Marina what are you talking about? "
Rose Novak
Rose Novak
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Marina Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:55 pm

"Its okay. I know you're just protecting your brother. I know, you know, we can openly talk about it."
Marina
Marina
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Novak Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:08 am

Rose became suddenly interested in her nails and thought for sometime. If what Marina was saying is true, than perhaps other vampires were indeed living in the area and and....

" Oh. Well...yeah. He is, and what your saying is there's more. Here? "
Rose Novak
Rose Novak
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Marina Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:21 am

"Yea, there are. You didn't know? For whatever reason Los Angeles seems to be a hot shot for the supernatural." Marina paused for a moment. "You've probably met several. One of Sage's friends is. And so is my... boyfriend. And his brothers." The reason for the pause was the word just did not seem to accurately describe her relationship. But it was the simplest way to describe his relationship to her to other people.

"I just thought you should know ahead of time, since I live with three. I promise they're harmless. Edward is very sweet and a gentleman, Jasper is very very quiet, and Emmett... well, Emmett is a little like a frat bay, but he's just a big teddy bear."
Marina
Marina
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Novak Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:10 pm

Rose listened careful as she was told about Marina's family. The thought of staying with vampires still kinda skived her out but she was positive time would help her adjust to it soon. And actually Rose was very interested as well as excited to meet these boys. And especially Marina's boyfriend.

Feeling slightly more comfortable, Rose spoke in a girlfriend outrage, " Marina! You never told me you had a boyfriend! "

Laughing, Rose asked, " Well...What's his name? What's he look like? When did you meet? "
Rose Novak
Rose Novak
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Marina Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:25 pm

Marina giggled at Rose's energy. "Edward. He's tall, a little over six feet, so a foot taller than me. Rather stoic. Though his eyes are very expressive. And I've learned to read him better. But you know, the quiet artsy type."

"We actually met at his home. He lives there with his two brothers. Not by blood exactly, more of a vampire family. I had toyed with the thought of being a freshie before. A willing blood donor. But the thought of some random guy... just isn't my thing. And even the nice ones, like the one I met first, its uncomfortable to me. A bunch of girls vying for one man's attention. But some like it. My Twin does. Not twin like sister, but best friend. She wasn't a freshie for anyone at Edward's home, but she knew them. Insisted I give it one last shot."

"I really liked going there and visiting. They didn't want freshies, but rather companions. Someone to spend time with. A friend. I was just so drawn to him. I moved in. We fell in love. And I couldn't be happier."

She had a happy expression, her eyes lighting up when she talked about him. "I know its a little mushy, but..."
Marina
Marina
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Novak Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:22 pm

" Oh my god! " Rose said with excitment " That is so adorable, just like a romance novel! I love it!! "

Rose about jumped in her seat. The idea that there was someone else out there who knew was like a huge weight off her shoulders. As they drove, Rose couldn't wait to meet them sooner.

" I can't wait to meet them! Especially Edward!!! Oh la-la! "

( I changed the Faces, but all I need to know is what Julian/Christian is going to be. )
Rose Novak
Rose Novak
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Marina Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:29 pm

Marina loved how excited Rose was. "I am so glad you aren't freaking out. And they'll be glad to meet you too. You might not see Jasper. He keeps to himself. I've known him for over two years and he still doesn't talk to me much. Blood is a bit of an issue for him, plus the emotions. The whole family are vegetarians. As in, animal blood, instead of human. And some of them have gifts. Well, all three of the brothers do. Jasper feels and channels emotions. Edward can read thoughts. Which I actually love. Helps with my shy nature and when I have trouble getting my thoughts across. Emmett's is less noticeable, not really what one might consider a gift. He's really strong. The strongest of their type they know of."

(Christian is a vampire)
Marina
Marina
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Novak Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:47 pm

" Well I feel as if I know them already! "

Rose looked out the window as the surroundings changed wondering when they would stop.

" I remember Kale mentioning some vampires as vegies. And uh Edward reads minds? " Rose said unsure
Rose Novak
Rose Novak
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Marina Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:02 pm

"Yea, he does. But he's not one to intrude where he isn't wanted. He generally tries to block them out. But don't worry. If he hears anything, he will act as if it never happened. So don't worry, or be embarrassed."

They were nearing the estate. No other homes could be seen. Just trees. It was secluded, of course.
Marina
Marina
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Novak Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:33 pm

Marina wrote:"Yea, he does. But he's not one to intrude where he isn't wanted. He generally tries to block them out. But don't worry. If he hears anything, he will act as if it never happened. So don't worry, or be embarrassed."

They were nearing the estate. No other homes could be seen. Just trees. It was secluded, of course.

" Well that's a relieve hahahh"
Rose continued to watch the surroundings, interested with the secluded sense of peace she got from it.
" Where are we going? Is it much further? "
Rose Novak
Rose Novak
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Marina Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:30 am

Rose Novak wrote:" Well that's a relieve hahahh"
Rose continued to watch the surroundings, interested with the secluded sense of peace she got from it.
" Where are we going? Is it much further? "
Moved the Estate thread
Marina
Marina
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: