The Sanctuary
Please enter your user name and password.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Sanctuary
Please enter your user name and password.
The Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The Shopping Center

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Welcome to The Shopping Center Empty Welcome to The Shopping Center

Post  Rachel Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:55 pm

One motto here, Shop till you drop!

Welcome to The Shopping Center Mall
Welcome to The Shopping Center 38754-downtown-windhoek-the-interes
Rachel
Rachel
Admin

https://writershavenforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Welcome to The Shopping Center Empty Re: Welcome to The Shopping Center

Post  Rose Novak Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:04 pm

Rose left her bookstore and took a walk around town not quite sure what she was looking for until she came across a wonderful smelling bakery. The food smelled so good Rose couldn't deny it anymore. After purchasing a bagel, and danish Rose began to walk around the Shopping Center some more.
Rose Novak
Rose Novak
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryn Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:06 pm

They walked a little bit and came across the shopping center that looked like it had everything she needed. She had moved to LA with just a few things, and she was feeling good that she had some money to buy some extras. The grocery shopping would be last stop.

How about we start here? Bryn pointed towards a Bed, Bath and Beyond store - they carried just about everything. She figured that even if she didn't get the apartment, the shower curtain could be used at her roommates place. Do you live around here? Bryn wasn't quite sure where that question had come from - but it slipped out...
Bryn
Bryn
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Tristan Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:22 pm

Tristan nodded, following along with her. Wherever she needed to go, he would go. "Yes. Well, relatively close."
Tristan
Tristan
Shifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryn Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:28 pm

She walked into the store, smiling as she glanced towards him. That's good... She headed over to the bathroom section to look for accessories.

So what do you think I should go with? Herbs to match the downstairs decor or animals - my first love? Bryn placed the bags down and held out the aforementioned shower curtains in her hands.
Bryn
Bryn
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Tristan Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:37 pm

"If you love it, go with it. Its your apartment. It should be exactly what you want." Tristan smiled at her.
Tristan
Tristan
Shifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryn Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:44 pm

Gee, a lot of help you are. Her tone was joking when she pulled both off the rack. The herb one had colors that could pass for fall/winter while the - funny enough, dolphins - would work for spring/summer.

She looked at the toothbrush holders, soap holders and dispensers and a few other things and just shook her head. They were kinda pricey here, but she knew if she waited they would be on sale soon. What's your favorite color? She would buy a throw pillow or something of the color he mentioned. Again, if she didn't get the apartment, she could always use it on her bed.
Bryn
Bryn
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Tristan Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:16 pm

Tristan chuckled. "If you like dolphins, get dolphins." He watched her look around. Then he considered her question. "Dark blue."
Tristan
Tristan
Shifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryn Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:34 pm

She smiled; I like both - so I'm getting both. I like to change things up a bit. As they walked, Bryn scooped up a basket and deposited both curtains in it. She found a set of throw pillows that were dark blue with stars on them, and she thought they were cute so she put them in her basket too. Did you need anything while we're here? Bryn didn't want Tristan to be bored while she shopped.
Bryn
Bryn
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Tristan Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:13 pm

Tristan smiled watching her. His smile widened a bit when she picked up dark blue pillows.

He shook his head. "I don't think so." He was pretty simplistic when it came to buying things. Maybe it was a guy thing, or maybe it was a him thing.
Tristan
Tristan
Shifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryn Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:22 pm

Okay, then I think I'm done here. I don't want to buy too much stuff then jinx myself. She made her way towards the register and smiled to the girl behind the counter while she was rung up, then turned to Tristan. Did you need to run any errands while we have the time? I don't mind if you do. It was okay if he did - she wasn't a fan of grocery shopping so she would put it off until the last possible moment.
Bryn
Bryn
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Tristan Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:25 pm

Tristan considered the answer to her question for a moment. He drew a blank. "I'm out so often, I seem to spread my errands out. So, no, I don't think I have any errands to run."
Tristan
Tristan
Shifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryn Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:46 pm

Bryn plunked down the exact change then grabbed the bags from the cashier and thanked her. Wanting to get out of the way of the next customer, Bryn moved over by the door so she could combine some bags for easier transport. Then I guess it's off to the dreaded supermarket. Picking up the bags, they were a bit more even in weight now so they were easier to carry and she looked to Tristan and giggled. Aren't you glad you came along? I'm such a ball of fun when I'm shopping.
Bryn
Bryn
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Tristan Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:54 pm

Tristan carefully took the bags from her, insisting that he carry them for her. "I just like spending time with you." He admitted the statement with a small smile.
Tristan
Tristan
Shifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryn Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:16 pm

She finally gave up the bags, knowing that he was a gentleman through and through. Thank you. She stopped in her tracks and looked to him, and without a thought, Bryn planted a light kiss on his cheek. The feeling's mutual, Tristan.

They started again, it was a few blocks to the market, she was happy that she didn't have to fill the time with idle chatter.
Bryn
Bryn
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Tristan Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:21 pm

Tristan smiled when she kissed his cheek and even wider after her statement. They walked in silence for the time being. However, the silence was comfortable, at least to him.
Tristan
Tristan
Shifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryn Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:36 pm

Finally coming up to the mom and pop grocery store, Bryn smiled. She loved little places like this much better than those huge mega-stores. I always feel like I'm helping out a family when I shop at little stores like this. She grabbed a cart motioning to Tristan he could place the bags within if he wanted.

I don't need a lot of things, just the basics. She pushed the cart and waited a fraction of a second as the automatic doors opened.
Bryn
Bryn
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Tristan Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:45 pm

"I prefer places like this too." It went right along with his volunteering. Even if it only helped a little, it still helped.

"I don't think I need anything." Perhaps there might be one or two things.
Tristan
Tristan
Shifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryn Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:08 pm

Well if you need something, don't be afraid to throw it in the cart. She started down the short aisle of veggies picking up some carrots, tomatoes, lettuce, oranges, and a small watermelon. Bryn turned the corner and slowed down, looking at some of the meats that were in the small coolers then glanced to Tristan. You're open for dinner, right?
Bryn
Bryn
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Tristan Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:16 pm

Tristan nodded. "Yes, I am." He smiled at Bryn. "What did you have in mind?"
Tristan
Tristan
Shifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryn Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:30 pm

Tell me what you like, and I can try and make it for you. Bryn could hold her own in the kitchen, and she liked her stuff just that side of spicy. She picked up some hamburger, chicken and some pork roasts, then she had an idea. When was the last time you had homemade tamales? She would have to cheat a bit - usually making homemade Tamales was a two day process, so she would grab some shredded pork and chicken to speed things up.
Bryn
Bryn
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Tristan Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:00 am

"Unless you count a restaurant, never." Tristan watched her pick up several different items, trying to form some idea of what she liked. But even that simple task was hard. But not impossible.
Tristan
Tristan
Shifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryn Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:06 am

It looks like tamales tonight then. She smiled to him and got the last few ingredients then started down the one remaining aisle, she picked up some bread and milk. Okay, I think I got everything I need, let's check out.
Bryn
Bryn
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Tristan Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:42 am

Tristan smiled. I liked the idea that she wanted to cook for them. "Alright." He followed her to the checkout, and helped her place things on the counter.
Tristan
Tristan
Shifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryn Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:59 am

Bryn moved to the end to start bagging while Tristan put the rest of the items up on the counter. She smiled - it had been awhile since she cooked for anyone besides herself. She hoped that her roommate wasn't home, and in a quick afterthought she tugged her phone out of her pocket and sent a message off to her. Be home in a bit - make yourself scarce please. They had a standing policy that the other would leave if a 'date' was being brought over. Bryn had upheld her end of the bargain more times than not.

Sliding the phone back in her pocket, she finished bagging and once again arranged them so they would be easier to carry. She had more bags than hands, so she looked up to Tristan. I'm definitely going to need your help.
Bryn
Bryn
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum