The Sanctuary
Please enter your user name and password.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Sanctuary
Please enter your user name and password.
The Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Magic Seed Bookstore

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Welcome to the Magic Seed Bookstore Empty Welcome to the Magic Seed Bookstore

Post  Rachel Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:10 pm

Come to browse or but doesn't matter.

Welcome to the Magic Seed Bookstore Bookstore
Welcome to the Magic Seed Bookstore Kihnkl
Welcome to the Magic Seed Bookstore 8_bookstore1
Rachel
Rachel
Admin

https://writershavenforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Magic Seed Bookstore Empty Re: Welcome to the Magic Seed Bookstore

Post  Rose Novak Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:11 pm

Rose opened her shop, today she was hoping her shipment came in. She ordered a few new mysteries in hopes to draw more shoppers in. Her long flowery skirts swirled as she rushed around the bookshop doing last minute things before she finally opened. Her first week wasn't too terrible but maybe this week will be better.
Rose Novak
Rose Novak
Human

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Magic Seed Bookstore Empty Re: Welcome to the Magic Seed Bookstore

Post  Morawena Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:21 am

M walked into the bookstore and her jaw literally dropped. She had never seen so many books in her life. Letting out a small whistle, M read the "you are here" sign, trying to figure out where she wanted to go.

Heading off in the direction of the drama/romance area, M grinned hoping that she would find something interesting to read.
Morawena
Morawena
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Novak Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:26 pm

Rose noted the young woman who walked in. Her face said it all, although to most everyone the book store was over done but to Rose she viewed it as homey. Thinking maybe the visitor could use some help, Rose trotted in her direction.
Rose Novak
Rose Novak
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Morawena Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:14 pm

M looked up to the girl that came up to her, assuming that she was the owner - M would eat crow if she wasn't. Hi, nice place you have here. I swear I've never seen so many books. She picked up a book and scanned the back cover, and gave the girl an 'eh' look. Any suggestions?

Welcome to the Magic Seed Bookstore Julianne_Moore_in_Laws_of_Attrac-1
Morawena
Morawena
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Novak Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:03 pm

Rose laughed at the overwhelmed expression the woman wore.
" Yes I have a few depends on what your looking for, and by the way I'm Rose, and the book keeper as well."
Rose Novak
Rose Novak
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Morawena Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:03 am

M extended her hand and smiled. Hi Rose, I'm Morawena or "M" for short. After shaking the girls hand, M picked up another book. Maybe a nice drama or romance? At this point, anything would be good, she needed to keep her mind busy.
Morawena
Morawena
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Novak Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:37 pm

Rose heard the woman-Morawena's request and headed east .
" It may not look like it but there is a system here, romance and drama in your favor are located next to each other...right over " She rose on her tip toes as she reached for a small paper back book . " Ahh got it. This book should cover your needs of spy drama and always some love." Rose handed M the book as she heard the bells on the entrance dingle warning Rose their was someone here.
" Is that everything? "
Rose Novak
Rose Novak
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Morawena Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:10 am

M took the book from her hand and read the back. This'll work. She glanced up when she heard the bells and smiled to Rose. I think I'm just gonna browse a bit, but thanks for he help.
Morawena
Morawena
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Novak Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:48 am

" Anytime M, I have a business card out my the register, call if you need anything. Oh the first book is free." Rose smiled and trotted away feeling glad her bookstore was thriving. Her phone vibrated once telling Rose it was a text. Before she reached the register counter Rose quickly checked her message, it was from Kale.
Meet me at the Perfect Pint, got a surprise for you.
Ohh a surprise, Rose thought
Rose Novak
Rose Novak
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Morawena Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:46 am

M smiled at Rose, and held up the book. Thanks! She watched Rose head off to help another customer, so M browsed for awhile, hitting just about every aisle of the store and before she knew it, she had an armful of books. Oh boy, she thought to herself, but she continued to look for a bit longer.

Welcome to the Magic Seed Bookstore Julianne-moore_1440566c
Morawena
Morawena
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Novak Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:53 pm

As Rose helped the new visitor browse she couldn't help think about Kale and the surprise he mentioned. M has her hands full of books when Rose came over with a basket.
" I see your enjoying your time and finding plenty on your own. "
Rose Novak
Rose Novak
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Morawena Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:05 pm

Oh, yeah I've found a lot... My nieces and nephews are going to love some these books. She knew that they were big on 'The Diary of a Wimpy kid' so she got them each a copy. And of course a few things herself.

Rose, you have a wonderful place here, and I'm sure I'll be back. M dropped the books in the basket that was handed to her. She followed Rose to the cash register, placing the basket on the counter and waited to be rung up. M also picked up a few bookmarks while she waited.
Morawena
Morawena
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Novak Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:26 pm

Rose rang up all the books M had found, and spotted a few she herself would have to try. A few moment later everything was finish and Rose reached under the counter with a few bags and handed M a calender with sales info and a few Ireland images as well.
" You peg me as the type to be interested in this, here is a two year calender with my book store sales, but also a few meeting a group of gals and I attend to. Its like a book club but so much more. Who knows maybe you'll make a new friend. If your not interested at least its a free calender with these amazing photos my cousin Gerald took."
Rose Novak
Rose Novak
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Morawena Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:37 pm

M thumbed though the calendar and smiled. You pegged me right, and your cousin takes wonderful photos. This will be the closest I'll probably ever get to Ireland, so I'll enjoy these pics right away.

A book club sounded fun. Maybe she could get Sage and maybe even Marina to come. Meeting new friends would be a plus.

Slipping the calendar into one of the bags, M smiled to Rose. Thank you so much. Do you happen to have any business cards? I can leave them at my friends shop - she's all about helping out helping out other business owners.
Morawena
Morawena
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Novak Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:01 am

Rose beamed when M asked for business cards.
" Sure here you go! Thanks so much M." She said as she handed the cards to M. This is turning out perfect, better than Rose planned. Hopefully her shop would stay in business and they won't have to move. She only hoped Kale could make friends easier.
Rose Novak
Rose Novak
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Morawena Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:52 pm

M took the cards from Rose and put them in her purse. I'll be sure to drop them off to Sage. Shifting her bags a bit, M smiled to the girl and gave a small wave. Thanks, and I'll see ya soon.

With that, she headed out the door and decided that she would drop in her friend - she hadn't seen Sage in awhile, but she did know that she was back home.
Morawena
Morawena
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Rune Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:43 am

Rune had found an out of the way set of chairs on the second floor and as she sat, she pulled out the knife that the girl had stopped in mid-air. She looked at the detail of the handle, the carving was that of her family crest. She was the last in the line of hereditary witches, but she also knew that she had a half-brother out there.

It seemed that he had found her...

Rune
Rune
Witch

Back to top Go down

Post  Aislyn Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:19 am

Aislyn drove slowly downt he road until she spotted the bookstore Rune had mentioned.
Darkness had fallen sluggishly but none the less, the light had been consumed. Whatever darkness threatened Rune, Aislyn hoped it wasn't too strong.

Once parked, Aislyn searched the surroundings before exiting the car. She didn't have the strength to pull another stunt like she had earlier. With a delicate but audible knock, Aislyn waited patiently for Rune to appear.
Aislyn
Aislyn
Witch

Back to top Go down

Post  Rune Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:15 am

Rune had tucked the athame back into her bag and slid it under the table. It was coming upon the hour in which she was supposed to meet the girl, and she hasn't arrived yet. Maybe she had been spooked off.

Leaving her bag under the table, Rune made it 'disappear' and headed down into the main part of the bookstore, maybe the girl was here and Rune just didn't know it.

She was over in the gardening section when she heard a small knock. She looked around and wondered who would be knocking - it was a public store after all - and that's when she saw the girl. Rune waved her to and picked up yet another herb book as as waited.
Rune
Rune
Witch

Back to top Go down

Post  Aislyn Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:33 pm

" Nice store, is it yours? " Aislyn spoke while she gazed about with admiration in her eyes.
The bookstore was stocked floor to ceiling with books, even piles knee high were stacked on the floor. Rune was leaning against a table with a book of herbs at hand.

" I don't think herbs will make your fears go away Rune. He's not just going to disappear. But anyways have you thought more into my request? "

Aislyn didn't think she could do this alone. She'd been without a coven since her mothers passing and things just seemed to have gotton worse for her.
First the dreams, now the vision while she was awake, and her speaking while in the 'trance'. Her gift was more persistant recently and Aislyn was fearful.
Aislyn
Aislyn
Witch

Back to top Go down

Post  Rune Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:16 am

Rune shook her head. "No, it's not mine."

"I always enjoy finding new things to do with herbs. And as for him, it seems that I just discovered that my half-brother does exist." Rune toyed with the edge of the book in her hand for a moment.

"I think you need to explain to me a bit more about your request. And...I still don't know your name, so why don't you come join me at the table I have waiting for us upstairs."
Rune
Rune
Witch

Back to top Go down

Post  Aislyn Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:32 am

No feeling of danger came over Aislyn, but that was expected. She knew Rune couldn't do any harm to her unless provoked. They began climbing upstairs to the dimmly lit room and table Rune mentioned earlier.

" So he's your half-brother. What a relieve. Glad to know you don't go for the tall dark and evil types. " Aislyn joked.

She sat down aversly, not quite sure where to start.

" I have visions, if you haven't guessed that already. " Aislyn gazed out the window to her right. " Usually they would appear in my dreams. Silly little things at first but then things seemed to progress to more aggressive and insistant dreams. I'd begin to see murderers, rapes, robberies and crimes untold. As I aged I adjusted to them and helpped as best I could. "

Her eyes now upon Rune's. A sadness choked her momentarly. This time it was her own memories coming to the surface. Growing up without a mother or father. An elderly grandmother too frightened by a child's abilities to show any emotion other than fear and avoidance.

" It was only recently that I began to haven these vision while awake. And the talknig thing is new also. Something is out there, and the gods above have favored us with a warning. Whatever this is, must be big. I can't explain the visions to you Rune. They are more horrible than death. The images-" Again Aislyn felt her throat locking up slightly when she thought of the little girl she envisioned more than once. Sacrificed and left for the damned to despose of. "- the images are burned into your mind. "

Aislyn's voice was laced with emotion.

" There's only one thing I know. I've seen your face more than once. And Rune everytime you were dead. "
Aislyn
Aislyn
Witch

Back to top Go down

Post  Rune Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:41 am

Rune listened silently as Aislyn, most admittedly paled in color when her own death was mentioned.

"Yes, he maybe my half brother, but that doesn't mean that I want him in my life. His name is Kear for a reason, actually it's Ciar. The only reason I know it's Kear now is because he left that name on the handle of the knife he so kindly threw at me."

Running her hands across the book, Rune glanced down and processed all of the information that was just laid before her, she looked back to Aislyn; "So what do you want from me? I'm not sure that I can help...I'm a solitary witch with no coven experience." Rune couldn't help but smile, it sounded as though she was trying to pass some sort of interview.
Rune
Rune
Witch

Back to top Go down

Post  Aislyn Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:09 pm

" I can't always make sense of these visions, I just have them."

Aislyn now stood infront of the window. Night seemed to have stilled everything, casting an eerie calm. A light rain had just begun to fall.

" You are the only common element amoung them."

She paused, trying to get her words straight.

" I have heard about you from other covens. The great immortal witch, born of 1808. The third generation. Most strikingly though, you've read the Grimoire. The information you weild is mighty. "

Her hand reached out towards the cool glass. And it was than Aislyn noticed that everyting seemed too still, too calm. When she glanced behind at Rune, time was suspended.

Another vision?, Aislyn thought to herself. She'd never experianced one like this before.
Right before her eyes the floor began to smoke, the walls flared up. Spinning once again to face the window Aislyn gasped. Total and complete turmoil lay outside. What looked like humans lay on the ground...in pieces. Scaled demons ran barbaricly in the street. Fires spread and consumed anything around.

"Βεωαρε, ευιλ λυρκς ιν τἑ δαρκ. Βε στρονγ, μυ δαυγ-τερ."

" What in Gods...." Aislyn nearly jumped out of her skin when she heard those words.
" Hello? Whose there?"

"Μαυ θε Γοδς βε ωιθ υου, μυ δαυγ-τερ."

And just like before, time suddenly resumed. The floor wasn't smoking, the walls the same regular dull wooden brown. While everything was back to normal, Aislyn still felt the chill deep into her bones.

" Tell me you speek Ancient Greek?-" While Aislyn could speek some of it, she wasn't too fluent. " And that you felt that."
Aislyn
Aislyn
Witch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next