The Sanctuary
Please enter your user name and password.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Sanctuary
Please enter your user name and password.
The Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To the Morning Star Cafe

+10
Shea
Anthony
Rune
Grayson
Alec Layne
Riley
Kale
Bryn
Tristan
Rachel
14 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Welcome To the Morning Star Cafe - Page 5 Empty Re: Welcome To the Morning Star Cafe

Post  Marina Thu May 12, 2011 1:08 am

"Uh, not a lot on my end, gossip wise." Marina smiled a bit. Of course there were things, but nothing that would make sense to Rose, given she did not know the people Marina would be talking about. And she did not want to make Rose feel left out by talking about things only Sage would know about.
Marina
Marina
Human

Back to top Go down

Welcome To the Morning Star Cafe - Page 5 Empty Re: Welcome To the Morning Star Cafe

Post  Sage Sun May 15, 2011 11:14 pm

Sage turned and looked to Marina... "Have you seen M lately? I'm really concerned about her..." Her phone calls and texts had gone unanswered and even in her poking and prodding of Anthony - he had nothing.

Looking between the girls, Sage clamped up, knowing that she brought the 'room' down so to speak. "Sorry..."
Sage
Sage
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Marina Mon May 16, 2011 12:11 am

Marina shook her head. She had not seen much of anyone lately, aside from those she actually lived with. "Its been awhile since I saw her. She seemed to be going through a lot. Maybe she's taken time for herself." She always tried to be optimistic.
Marina
Marina
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage Wed May 18, 2011 11:38 pm

"I should stop by and see her when I get the chance." Sage waved her hand dismissively and changed the subject.

So how is the gallery, Marina? And the bookstore, Rose?" She oped that it would drum up some kind of conversation between the girls.
Sage
Sage
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Marina Wed May 18, 2011 11:49 pm

Marina smiled a bit. "Its good."
Marina
Marina
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Novak Mon May 23, 2011 5:05 pm

" Well to say the least I get anymore teenage girls coming in who what those smutty trashy books I....urgh I don't know what I'll do cause I'm the same way!"
Rose said in between nibbling on her food which was slowly disappearing.

" I need a man you know! "
Rose Novak
Rose Novak
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Marina Mon May 23, 2011 5:19 pm

Welcome To the Morning Star Cafe - Page 5 19603-ambertamblyn-doubtpremiereafiopeningnight36-

Marina smiled at Rose. "You'll find one when you least expect it. That's how it happened for me."
Marina
Marina
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage Mon May 23, 2011 11:14 pm

Sage smiled just a bit - she hadn't seen her other half in months - she didn't know whether he was secluding himself or was out on a contract job. It was the nature of the beast it seemed. And Sage would remain true to him...

"Marina's right - you never know when it'll happen." She really needed to change the subject so she grabbed a piece of a muffin off of Rose's plate and nibbled on it.

"See, told you that the muffin's were stellar." Sage glanced to Marina before taking an acute interest in the mug that she held within her own hands.

Welcome To the Morning Star Cafe - Page 5 Normal_shoot012
Sage
Sage
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Marina Mon May 23, 2011 11:58 pm

Marina took Sage's silence as cue to change the subject. Wanting to lighten the mood and perhaps make Sage smile, she made a little joke. "The brownies are too, but no stealing mine." She smiled hoping that it would indeed be funny.
Marina
Marina
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage Tue May 24, 2011 7:28 am

Sage put down her mug and giggled. "Aw, come on..." She reached out playfully, acting as though she would steal a piece of Marina's brownie but really she didn't.

She turned to Rose and grinned. "So the bookstore is going well then?"
Sage
Sage
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Marina Tue May 24, 2011 4:23 pm

Welcome To the Morning Star Cafe - Page 5 2746113119_ef15f97a87_z

Marina made a face like 'don't even think about it' which quickly dissolved to a smile along with a giggle.
Marina
Marina
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage Tue May 24, 2011 11:23 pm

Sage giggled a bit more, Marina's face was all too serious about stealing that brownie, but it was funny to say the least.

She knew not to mess with a girl's chocolate. Sipping on her drink, she kicked Rose lightly under the table - it seemed that she was in her own little world and she needed to snap back to the conversation. "So...the bookstore is going well then, Rose?" Sage snickered a little and glanced to Marina.
Sage
Sage
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Marina Tue May 24, 2011 11:30 pm

Marina glanced to Rose with a curious and happy expression. "I love books. I have a small collection." She paused. "Okay, well, its not exactly small anymore." She smiled at the thought of how many there were. All of her books that she had collected over the years. Plus all of the books filing the shelves in her art studio/room at home that Edward had bought for her.
Marina
Marina
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Novak Wed May 25, 2011 9:15 pm

" Yes to say the least, I might have to cut back a couple of hours a day just to restock and count the money and what not. Or I can hire help. " She made a face at the thought. " I'm just not sure I'm ready to allow some stranger into my place. Does that make sense? "

Rose worked hard to get that store up and running, she'd hate if some punk were to ruin things for her. And worse she feared what Kale would do if he ever found out.
Rose noticed the avoidance coming from Sage when she mentioned her other half. With an inward sigh Rose decided love was just not meant for her.

As a waitress walked by, Rose hailed her down.
" Do you happen to have any fruit parfaits? " She looked over at the girls. " Need anything else or do I get to look like the pig for ordering all this?"
Rose Novak
Rose Novak
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Marina Wed May 25, 2011 11:12 pm

"Definitely makes sense. I ran the gallery for a long time by myself before I finally caved and hired assistants to help. Just don't settle. I interviewed more than my fair share before deciding."

Marina considered more food before caving. "Can I get two chocolate dipped biscotti and a hot tea with lemon and honey?" She knew it would be good for her to eat more.
Marina
Marina
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage Thu May 26, 2011 8:21 am

Sage nodded in agreement with the girls. "I'm lucky that Blaze and Anthony are around to help me run the herb shop." She hadn't mentioned M because Sage had given her some time off.

Looking up to the waitress, Sage thought for a moment - she wasn't really hungry, but something to drink was in order. "Can I just have a Coke please?" She nodded once again and turned her attention back to the conversation at hand.

"I know that Marina is in agreement with this, so Rose, what do you think about having a "featured book" "- Sage air quoted - "placed in my front window? Marina has a piece there now. It helps spur business and shows that there are a few small business' owned by women..." She was all about helping out other entrepreneurs, especially women entrepreneurs.
Sage
Sage
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Novak Fri May 27, 2011 12:40 am

" Oh wouldn't that be just great! I know just what to put up there. See the best paranormal author Sherrilyn Kenyon is just about to release a very much awaited for new series and I'm positive that once woman at the Herb shop see a flyer or the book itself, they are sure to march on over!" She thought for a moment, " Hows about I place your card and some hand crafted goodies around my store, like maybe some candles to burn? I can purchase them if you'd like."
Rose Novak
Rose Novak
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Savannah Fri May 27, 2011 1:53 pm

Savannah had just arrived in town and decided that a quick stop for something to eat was a priority. Finding a little cafe, she found a place to park her car before making her way inside the establishment. Taking a seat at one of the tables, she looked over the small menu sitting on the table top, deciding on what she wanted.

A few minutes had passed before a waitress had approached, Savannah taking that opprotunity to order what she wanting. While waiting for the waitress to return, she observed her surroundings. Los Angeles was very different from her home town of Las Vegas, but she had no doubt in her mind that she was going to like it here.

*I hope that's okay, it took me a bit to decide where to hop in and what to write.*
Savannah
Savannah
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Marina Sat May 28, 2011 9:36 pm

Marina smiled at Rose. "We could swap as well. I don't have anyway to put books in my display window, but I have tons of space on the counter. I burn Sage's candles all the time. Customers love them."
Marina
Marina
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Novak Sat May 28, 2011 10:08 pm

" Fabulous! You know Marina, I have yet to see your gallery. Everyone keeps talking about it I've just not had the time." She paused to quickly shove food in.
" Field trip! "
Rose Novak
Rose Novak
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Marina Sat May 28, 2011 10:27 pm

"Everyone?" Marina had a curious expression. She wondered who else, or if it was just an expression.
Marina
Marina
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Novak Sat May 28, 2011 10:43 pm

" I don't know how many times I have had to give directions to your gallery. They gotta be going there for some reason. Well other than your good looks!"
Rose joked around a bit. But in all honesty customer's see the Art Festival activity and inquire about Belle Gallery all the time. Eventually Rose got tired of saying it and made a note next to her register.
Rose Novak
Rose Novak
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Marina Sat May 28, 2011 10:47 pm

Marina blushed a soft shade of pink. "Wow... I didn't realize so many people wanted to find their way to my gallery."
Marina
Marina
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Novak Sat May 28, 2011 10:53 pm

" You act as if your surprised! Cone on girl you should have more confidence in your work! Although I do suppose the Art Festival has something to do with the boost to attention...."
Rose finished up her coffee and checked her phone. Still nothing from Kale, she was beginning to worry.
Rose Novak
Rose Novak
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Marina Sat May 28, 2011 11:00 pm

"I don't think I'm terrible. But I'm no Monet." Marina smiled at Rose's comments.
Marina
Marina
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum