The Sanctuary
Please enter your user name and password.

Sage's Oasis

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Re: Sage's Oasis

Post  Marina on Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:05 pm

Lyna smiled a bit when Kimi just disappeared.
Marina
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage on Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:41 am

(sorry - I got completely sidetracked yesterday and before I knew it, it was time for bed. LOL)

Sage giggled as she watched Kimi and some of her tricks, she also noticed the looks between her and Corey - she just let it go, but that quick Kimi disappeared to the patch of bittersweet. Grabbing up a small plate, Sage put a few things on it, including some of Lyna's dip. Giving it a try, she smiled. Lyna this is really good.

Blaze smiled to Maddie; Yeah, I know I am... His gaze flickered to Lyna next. Have you written anymore of your book?

Anthony had moved from the railing and sat down next to Sage. Turning to Corey, he smiled. So you scout for freshies, huh? How'd you manage to get into that line of work?
Sage
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:58 am

Maddie shooed Blaze off, seeing he was occupied. Slowly, she edged to Corey and clung to her. Corey didn't react at all, but she didn't push the younger girl away either, instead focusing on Anthony.

"One of our girls started experimenting with it. Unfortunately, being bitten rather.. lessens one's talent in the area we need. Not permanently, but by the time we realized it was the root cause... the girl was addicted."

Corey shrugged, "After talking about it, I took her in. Like I said, I scout for someone else too.Freshies and Feeders - and yes, there is a difference if you are unfamiliar with the term - just pay a whole lot better."

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage on Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:25 am

Anthony nodded, he knew that being bitten could become addicting, luckily he had never had a freshie that had, at least to his knowledge. Maybe it's a good thing I only drink animal blood now. He chuckled a little. He had heard the various terms used over the years, they pretty much meant the same thing.

How many girls, or guys even, do you have working for you? Anthony was really bad at making small talk.
Sage
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:34 am

Corey quirked an eyebrow at the statement about animal blood. Then again, it took all kinds. "Some want freshies, some want feeders, some want animals, takes all kinds I guess."

At his question about how many worked for her, she chuckled. "Oh no, no, I work for someone else. Dynah is our leader and we're a fairly exclusive organization. Mostly women, although we do partner with Derek Tolan when we need outside help. Although there have been rough patches." She considered how best to explain. "Like when Dynah decided the fang addicted girl should be a Feeder. He almost left, seeing as Feeders are given for a vamp to drain, whereas a freshie there is some... expectation that they will be cared for, even if it is only for the night and exceedingly limited. The whole point of being willing is that you are left alive."

She shrugged. "Dynah won him back over of course. She usually does."

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage on Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:12 am

It does. He knew that he was one of the few, that he knew of at least, that drank animal blood. Anthony listened to her, quirking an eyebrow at some of her comments. Dynah sounds like an interesting woman.

Sage looked over to Marina and smiled. Thanks for coming, it's really nice to see you again. How have things been?
Sage
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:12 pm

Corey laughed a little, "She's a witch," she informed him jokingly.

Standing, she moved and pulled Maddie to her feet.

"Thanks for having us."

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage on Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:23 am

Anthony grinned as he watched the girls get up. Thanks for stopping by. He nodded to them both.

You're quite welcome. Sage smiled to the two girls. It was a pleasure to meet you.

Blaze excused himself for a moment and walked over to Maddie, hugging her lightly. Don't be a stranger, okay. He stepped back and gave her a crooked smile.
Sage
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:21 am

Maddie ducked her head quietly while Corey waited for her. Knowing it was time to leave, Maddie just hugged him back and waved to the others before catching up with Corey and walking off.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage on Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:24 am

The trio waved to them as they left, then turned their attentions back to the other guests.

Anthony smiled and Lyna and Marina, Blaze moved off to refill his drink and bring out some of the food and Sage sat down on the chair near the railing.

As she watched the woods, Sage's hand automatically went to her necklace and she rolled it through her fingers. It was an odd time to realize that things were over with him, so as soon as the night was over, she would take the pendant off and place it in one of the pouches Hawk had given her. She would always hold out hope, but there had to come a time that she would have to face reality. Turning back to her company, Sage released the pendant and walked over to stand next to Blaze.
Sage
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyna on Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:40 pm

Both Marina and Lyna waved and said their goodbyes to those who were leaving.

Sage wrote:His gaze flickered to Lyna next. [b]Have you written anymore of your book?
Lyna nodded with a bit of enthusiasm. "I have. Not a lot, but enough."

Sage wrote:Sage looked over to Marina and smiled. Thanks for coming, it's really nice to see you again. How have things been?
Marina watched Sage go over to the window. She wondered if her other brunette's necklace meant the same thing as her own. However, she was not going to ask. "Things have been good. Kind of slow. But I've grown to sort of like it that way."

((Sorry for my disappearance. Busy does not even describe it.))
Lyna
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage on Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:07 pm

Blaze rested against the wall of the cabin and smiled. A little bit here and there, and before you know it, you'll be done. He was happy to see her smile.

Sage nodded, things had been slow at the herb shoppe too. Business will pick up soon I'm sure of it. It seemed that when school started, parents were free to start shopping for the holidays - already. Sage was one of the few that held out until after Turkey day to decorate. I met a woman named Rose the other day, she owns a bookstore down the way from me, and we swapped cards. I have a stack of her's right next to yours.

(thank you for the update. Smile )
Sage
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Marina on Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:22 pm

Lyna smiled. "I hope so. But I know it'll take some time. I have to finish writing, edit, then go about finding someone that wants it."

Marina nodded. "Well business is good. As far as my type goes anyway. But your right, business will be pick up soon. With the holidays coming." She smiled at Sage. "I'll have to grab one next time. I love to read."
Marina
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage on Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:28 pm

Blaze grinned. Hey if you need a model for the hero - he pointed to himself as he laughed - I'll be more than happy to help. Swirling the last of his drink he continued. Would you like something to eat? He really wanted to get to know Lyna some more, but for once Blaze wasn't used to the 'awkward' stage where he didn't know what to say.

Nodding, Sage agreed. M came back with a ton of books. She needed something to keep her occupied and by golly I think she has. She returned to the seat she had occupied eariler and offered the one next to her to Marina.
Sage
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Marina on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:57 pm

Lyna laughed softly then smiled. "You'd make a good one." When he asked her about food, she nodded. "Yes."

Marina smiled sitting down in the seat that Sage offered. "I bet I'll come away with quite the stash as well."
Marina
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage on Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:06 am

Lyna's compliment put a swagger in his step as they made their way to the table. Is there anything in particular you like? Sage had made enough food for an army, so he grabbed up two plates, handing one to her.

Rose said that she had the biggest selection in the area, that in itself makes me want to get over there and check it out. Sage curled her feet up under her and got comfy again. Remember those classes we talked about? The candle making ones, would you still be interested?
Sage
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Marina on Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:53 am

"Just no meat." Lyna stated softly, looking to the food. She picked up a few things, placing them on the plate.

Marina nodded. "Of course, I still am."
Marina
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage on Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:24 am

Blaze placed a few chips, veggies and dips on his plate and grabbed a couple of napkins too. Let me know when you are free, and we'll set up the movie night. He really was looking forward to it. So tell me a little about your book, that is if you don't mind.

Smiling, Sage was happy that Marina was will interested. I was thinking sometime soon. I have a lot of free time on my hands, and well, I need something to pass the time. Maybe Lyna and April would want to come too?
Sage
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Marina on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:11 pm

Lyna nodded then smiled. "Well, its a bit jumbled at the moment. I know most of what is going to happen, but the order is just a bit off. There's some romance, a bit of action, some drama..." She was always a bit shy. "Maybe once I sort things out, I'll let you read some." For her, that was reaching out.

Marina glanced toward Lyna then back to Sage. "I'm sure they would."
Marina
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:30 pm

Blaze grinned. I'm not much of a reader, but if you wrote it, I'd be honored. Balancing his plate on one hand, he reached in the cooler for a drink. You need anything while I'm in here?

Sage followed Marina's line of vision and smiled at Blaze and Lyna chatting it up - watching her brother mostly.I think I'll schedule something soon then. I'm sure it would be a smashing success. Finally she looked back to Marina. Hmmm, wonder if love is in the air? Her smile was genuine.
Sage
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Marina on Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:48 pm

Lyna smiled. "I'm glad." She picked up the last thing she wanted, specifically a cookie. When he asked about a drink, she nodded. "Just water or diet soda."

Marina smiled. "I would think so too. I don't see why it wouldn't be a success." She glanced back to Blaze and Lyna. "Could be. I rarely see her talk this much to people."
Marina
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage on Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:08 pm

Blaze rifled around the cooler until he found a diet soda and handed it to her then held open the door. How about we head back outside? It was a nice night and they enjoy the cool summer air.

She watched them once again, and turned back to Marina. I hope things work out for them. Pausing just a moment, Sage continued. I think I may need to charge a small fee, just to cover supplies and stuff. If this works, maybe we can have a another class of some sort.

Last edited by Sage on Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Sage
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyna on Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:05 am

Lyna nodded while balancing her plate and soda. "That sounds nice" She walked out first since he was holding open the door.

Marina nodded looking off to them leaving before turning back to Sage. "Me too. Even if its just as friends." She nodded in agreement once again. "I think a fee would be a good idea."
Lyna
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage on Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:10 am

Blaze watched her walk through the door, following behind her out onto the porch. As he put down the plate and soda on the table, he pulled a chair out for Lyna. Once she was seated, he sat down across from her. Do you like animals? He thought maybe it would give them another idea to spend some more time together.

Sage was happy that Marina agreed with her overall. So how have things been with you? She took a drink of her tea and nibbled on a carrot.
Sage
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Marina on Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:47 am

Lyna smiled slightly when Blaze pulled the chair out for her. After sitting down, she sat her plate and drink on the table as well. "I love them."

Marina smiled small. "Things have been good. Just the usual stuff, most of the time."
Marina
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum