The Sanctuary
Please enter your user name and password.

Sage's Oasis

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Re: Sage's Oasis

Post  Sage on Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:51 pm

Anthony grinned and shrugged. Hey, it was worth a try. He followed everyone' gaze towards the window, wondering if it was the one that Sage talked about.

Sage couldn't help but smile wider when she saw Kimi. Hello...It's good to see you again! She went to touch her arm but stopped because she knew that it was useless.

Blaze watched Maddie head over to the window, then turned his attention to Lyna. Been keeping yourself busy?
Sage
Sage
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Marina on Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:55 pm

Marina smiled. "True." She was quiet for a moment before speaking again. "I ran into Fyn recently. We got lost in the woods together." She knew that sounded odd, but it was true.

Lyna nodded. "Always. What about you?"
Marina
Marina
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage on Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:02 pm

Anthony gave her a 'no shit' grin. Fyn's back? I didn't know. It made him wonder if Riley knew if he was back. And why am I not surprised that would find you to get lost in the woods with. He chuckled a bit.

Blaze looked to Maddie; don't worry, Anthony won't hurt you. If anything, he'll take out what could. Returning is gaze to Lyna; I've been trying to keep busy. You know, the usual.
Sage
Sage
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:02 pm

Kimi beamed to Marina. "'ello Dreamweaver." She winked slightly, having picked up the nickname from somewhere. "And artist friend."

Noting Maddie's astonished and mildly apprehensive look, she just smiled and waved to her before flashing a grin to Anthony and moving to greet Sage. Noting the woman's attempt, she frowned in concentration before actually touching the woman in response. Her 'glow' so to speak flaired for a moment as she did so before Kimi released the hold and let go.

Corey decided to mill about a little, not really knowing anyone and therefore not wanting to intrude on their conversations.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage on Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:10 pm

Sage watched Kimi's arm appear and smiled. Thank you.. How have you been? You need to come to the shop soon.

Watching everyone, she motioned to the food. Please feel free to eat up - there's plenty. Oh, and Kimi, I believe there is some bittersweet growing outside just for you.
Sage
Sage
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:12 pm

Maddie looked between Anthony and Blaze for a moment.

"Wing lady is scarier than him actually."

Kimi was clearly amused by this but did not speak, instead she grinned in response to Sage's comments.

"Trying to attract stray dreamers over here, are we? I wouldn't be surprised if you get other visitors later with that."

Back to top Go down

Post  Marina on Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:16 pm

Marina nodded, laughing at his last comment. "He said he had just gotten back from a trip." She then smiled at Kimi, wondering when the latter picked up the nickname Trent had for her.

Lyna nodded. "Yea..." She trailed off a bit, unsure of what to say next.

Noticing Indigo walking about, Marina smiled at her. "So... what do you do?" Even though she was full of enough questions to make talk for years, she never knew exactly how to start off with people. It did not stop her, however.
Marina
Marina
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage on Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:24 pm

Blaze chuckled at Maddie's statement about Kimi. I think wing lady is okay. He looked to Kimi for a moment, taking in her being. He found her wings very cool. Turning his gaze to Lyna, he gave her a soft smile, he wasn't sure quite what to say either - he didn't want her to feel awkward or anything. What time did you want to hit the movie?

Well, you know I don't mind the visitors, Kimi. Whoever shows, shows. Really she hadn't come across a bad visitor since she'd been here.

I guess I'll have to hit him up sooner than later. He hadn't seen Fyn in awhile. Anthony moved over to the railing, simply sitting on the top one as he looked over the woods wondering what he would eat later.

(Okay, I'm sorry, I have to call it a night - I'm getting a headache and it feels like I'm gonna hurl... I will understand if you have your kids exit, but I do plan on picking it up throughout the day tomorrow...)
Sage
Sage
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:31 pm

((too the bad visitor comment, I ask - Svajona? hehe))

Kimi laughed in amusement, twirling before jumping to perch on the rafters and watch the scene below for a time, flaring and folding her wings as she did so. Maddie gave Blaze a doubtful look but did not comment.

Turning towards Marina, Corey quirked a faint almost smile.

"I... scout."

Back to top Go down

Post  Marina on Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:36 pm

Marina had to smiled at the small show Kimi was putting on. She looked back to Indigo. "Should I ask for what?" The answer was vague, so she was unsure.

Lyna watched Kimi with fascination. This was only her second encounter with someone like her. The first being the Halloween party last year.
Marina
Marina
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:47 pm

Kimi glanced down to Lyna with a slight smile before flashing to her side.

"I haven't seen you since Samhain, how have you been?"

Corey tilted her head a little.

"Well for more than one thing. My main line is working with the Controllers and finding them girls. Maddie is a bit of an exception. She may not be what we look for, but.. well I was not going to leave her alone."

Particularly before she was positive one way or another.

"I also find potential freshies and occasionally bring in Feeders," Corey added without a trace of remorse. "How I earn most of my money, to be honest."

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage on Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:40 am

(hehe - Sage is blocking out that whole Sva/Jareth/Caden throwdown. hehe)

Anthony listened to the conversations intently, trying to pick up a bit here and there throughout. Indigo's caught his the most. Maybe he was out of the loop to long, but he was surprised by her forthcomingness of what she did for a living. Back when he was 'younger', it was behind closed doors in shady bars - he was kind of happy that scene didn't fit him anymore.

Blaze watched Kimi appear next to Lyna and smiled. She was a quiet one, but Kimi's appearance didn't even seem to phase her. Leaning over the cooler, he grabbed himself a beer. Lyna, did you want anything? Maddie, what about you?

Finally taking a seat in her Adirondack chair, Sage curled her feet up under her, letting everyone mingle at the moment. She would get her chance later.
Sage
Sage
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:50 am

((oh, now I see. xD))

Corey caught Anthony's look and just smirked and arched an eyebrow. It wasn't as if she had missed him refer to himself as a vampire. So she knew everyone here, save Maddie really, was in the know enough for that.

Maddie was trying not to fidget now, and when Blaze asked her she was only able to shake her head a little nervously.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage on Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:08 am

Blaze watched Maddie with curiosity - he never remembered her being so nervous. If you need anything, just help yourself. He placed his hand on her shoulder in reassurance.

Sage waited for a lull in the conversation and smiled to Indigo. How long have you known Maddie? She smiled to the girl then looked back to Indigo. Sage remembered Maddie being the girl asleep on the couch when she had returned home one evening.

Well Anthony was being Anthony, just kinda hanging back and watching at the moment.
Sage
Sage
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:19 am

Heading to the kitchen, Maddie grabbed herself a bottle of water before sliding to the ground and just closing her eyes.

At the question, Corey considered for a moment.

"Don't remember when we first met, but she's been shadowing me after her last guardian.. Zaniel, I think it was, left."

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage on Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:28 am

Blaze watched Maddie head and get a water and then slide to the floor. He tried to recall some of the things they had talked about, and a sly grin came to his face. Maybe he could get her to at least smile. Wanna watch the Wizard of Oz? He chuckled waiting to see her response. And he blatantly chose to ignore hearing the name Zaniel.

Sage glanced over to Blaze when Indigo mentioned Zan', she was surprised by his reaction, or lack of one. Looking back to the Corey, Sage bit the inside of her lip. She really hasn't had the best of luck with guardians, has she?
Sage
Sage
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:36 am

"It's one of the reasons she is so people shy," Corey told the other woman frankly. "The only time she is generally around more than one or two is when she is being photographed. She's fine on set, but when it comes to socializing... not so much. She does have friends at a.. daycare sort of thing around here though. Well, a friend anyway."

Corey looked to Maddie fondly.

"Can't really blame the last, though. From what I understand if he brought Mads with it'd have been to a coven of some sort? I may scout, but I don't touch the little kids for vamps."

Maddie looked up to Blaze timidly. "You don't like the Wizard of Oz," she reminded him, a mixture of accusal and amusement.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage on Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:57 am

Sage nodded, it made sense - but she was glad Maddie had decided to come. She would try and make her feel as comfortable as she could. She shuddered a bit as she mentioned kids and vamps, she couldn't even imagine that thought. I'm glad that she found someone like you.

Blaze looked down to Maddie and smiled. I know I don't like the Wizard of Oz. I just wanted to get a smile out of you.
Sage
Sage
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:00 am

Corey's expression turned slightly distant, as if to say that she was not the best guardian for Maddie. That she was dangerous for the girl.

"We'll see how it turns out," Corey offered evenly.

Maddie smiled tentatively in response. "You are silly, Blaze."

Back to top Go down

Post  Marina on Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:05 am

Marina had not completely expected that answer, even though she knew it would be something like that, considering the vagueness of the answer before.

She was quiet for the moment listening to the conversation.

Lyna was a bit surprised when Kimi spoke to her. "I've been good. What about you?" She was unsure what Samhain was, but knew it must have something to do with Halloween, or even just that day in October.
Marina
Marina
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:23 am

Kimi grinned a little. "Having fun. The Speaker taught me some new tricks. I can do more now than what we did for the party."

Kimi rolled her eyes a little at Corey before adding in an undertone to Lyla, "Don't think I'd ever want her to find me. The Controller people make me nervous."

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyna on Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:20 pm

Lyna smiled at Kimi. She got the gist of the statement, but some of the words escaped her. "I don't know who the Speaker is, or what Controllers are."
Lyna
Lyna
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:26 pm

Kimi smiled to her encouragingly.

"You were up at the estate for Samhain, yes? The Speaker was helping me with tricks."

Focusing, Kimi sent a swirl of bats to weave around Lyna before flashing to a cute, smiley jack-o-lantern, then out of sight.

"You don't want to know what the Controllers are," she told Lyna frankly. "Safer that way."

Corey shot Kimi a look at her use of the term, a hard edge appearing in her otherwise friendly appearing demeanour. The look of warning was clear before she turned back to her own discussion.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyna on Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:42 pm

Lyna nodded. She did vaguely remember the man that was causing the images to appear at Halloween.

She smiled, watching the display around her. After they disappeared and Kimi spoke again, Lyna nodded, noticing the look from the other woman. "I'll forget I ever heard the name."
Lyna
Lyna
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:08 pm

Kimi relaxed noticeably, not having wanted to cause trouble. Fluttering her wings experimentally, she twirled, spinning tighter and tighter before her form seemed to shift to a black and purple blur.

A spark later and she was outside, sans wings in the bittersweet.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum